Student visa for Australia

There is a way to study and work in Australia that works like a mathematical formula: get your student visa (student visa). Because once you have it, you can step on Australian territory with all of the law and stay here for the duration of your course, be it three months or a thousand years. And also, it allows you to work while you study!

Keep reading, you are about to discover everything you've always wanted to know about one of the best visas that exist on this side of the ocean.

1 How do I get my student visa in Australia?

To get your student visa, you just have to do a couple of things:

  • Enroll in a course accredited by the Government of Australia.
  • That the course in which you have enrolled is taught in an Australian education institution approved by the Australian Government (all schools we work with at Dingoos are) and have a minimum duration of 12 weeks (3 months).

Take a look at this infographic and get an idea of ​​how easy it is to get your student visa in Australia with Dingoos.

Student visa infographic Australia

2 And what can I study with him?

Basically almost anything you want, you can even combine several courses as we will tell you later. The key is to focus your strategy to get the most out of the visa!

Because you will see, the thing works like this; The validity of the visa is the duration of your studies plus the holidays associated with each course. We help you to design a study plan focused on obtaining the longest visa duration at the lowest possible price, always looking for a plan that fits perfectly in your objectives.

For example, if you are clear that you want to come to Australia for a long season (more than a year), it is recommended that you enroll from the beginning in several courses. In this way, you will save money from the fees for the first renewal of the student visa ($ 620 AUD).

On the other hand, if you prefer to come and try your luck for a shorter period (for example 6 months) and once you are here you decide that you want to renew it, there is no problem: we can also help you with the paperwork for your visa renewal. Do not hesitate to contact us, we will advise you for free and without obligation!

These are the courses that you can study with the student visa:

3 What advantages does the student visa have?

The question should be what advantages it does not have! Because the truth is that everything is easy, and more if you compare it with other visas. Here are some examples:

  • It is the easiest visa to get.
  • You can get it without accrediting your level of English.
  • You will not have to "compete with others," as with the Work and Holiday Visa.
  • You can work with a student visa in Australia to pay for your stay, which does not happen if you apply for a tourist visa. If you come with a student visa, You can combine your studies with a part-time job and even increase it full-time during vacation time.
  • Your partner can accompany you and also work part-time even if you are not a student.

4 How to apply for a student visa?

The student visa is requested through the Department of Immigration Australian. To do this you must have already done the registration in an accredited course and have the COE code, which is the confirmation of enrollment.

If you decide to take the big leap to Australia with Dingoos, we will help you free of charge to enroll in the course and school that most interest you and apply for your student visa. Easier impossible!

The student visa price is $ 620 AUD. Or what is the same: some 382 euros, 1.385.594 Colombian pesos, 293.560 Chilean pesos or 1.8278 Argentine pesos. You can pay them directly with the card when you request it.

5 Can I work with the student visa in Australia?

Of course, yes, this is one of its main advantages.

You can work part time (20 hours a week) while you study full-time on vacation (40 hours a week).

Note that The minimum wage in Australia is around $ 19,40 AUD per hour (about 12 €; 44 COP; 9,4 CLP or 13.30 USD), amount that gives you to live without problems even if you only work part-time.

With that money you will be able to perfectly pay for accommodation, food and transportation. Even if you are not spending a lot of time on leisure and you prefer to stay home and have a dinner and drink in bars, you can save enough to Buy a car in Australia or enroll in other courses.

With an unemployment rate of 6%, finding work in Australia is possible if you know how. And at Dingoos we will advise you in a personalized way so that you have more opportunities!

Until then, you can do a little research on the main job websites to see what you would like to work on or to look at how to write a Australian-style CV to leave human resources with an open mouth. Take a look at our guide on how to find work in Australia It is also a great idea!

Do you have more questions? You can ask us what you want! We will advise you for free and with a smile from ear to ear

Do you want to continue receiving the most top information about Australia? So sign up to our newsletter and do not miss anything! ????

Do you want more information about the student visa?

Other types of visas

Choose your best option


Work and Holiday Visa

See visa


Couple visa

See visa


Tourist visa

See visa