Study in Australia

Everything you need to know to live the experience of your life.

estudiar en austalia ilustrada
The process of getting a visa to study in Australia can be tedious, but don’t worry, at Dingoos, we take care of all the paperwork so that you only have to worry about how many swimsuits to pack.

What requirements do you need to meet to study in Australia?

To study in Australia, the first thing you will need is to get a student visa. To achieve this, you will have to meet specific requirements, but do not worry because we will guide you through the entire process and take care of all the paperwork.

Obtain the Student Visa

The Student Visa (subclass 500) is a document that allows you to combine studying in Australia with a part-time job. If your idea is to study for more than three months in Australia, this is the ideal visa for you.

If you would like to study for less than three months and do not plan to work during your stay, you could also study with a tourist visa or a Work and Holiday visa.

What will you need to obtain the Student Visa?

To obtain the student visa, you need to meet the following minimum requirements:

  • Have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
  • Be enrolled in a course approved by the Australian Government and present the COE code (Confirmation Of Enrollment).
  • Pay the student visa fees ($1.600 AUD).
  • Purchase the mandatory OSHC health insurance (we’ll tell you more about this in a few lines below).
  • Submit a GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) letter. This is the document that your entire application revolves around, the Holy Grail of adventurers who come to Australia. It is a letter of intent to argue the reasons you want to study here. Our Visa Experts certified with the QEAC qualification will write this vital document for you to ensure your visa is granted.
  • Depending on the nationality you apply for the student visa, the Australian Government Immigration Department may ask you for specific additional requirements. For example:
    • Show that you are in good health by taking a medical exam.
    • Undertake a biometrical test.
    • Present a police check certificate.
    • Prove that you have sufficient financial funds and solvency to finance your stay in Australia.

As you can see, the documents may vary depending on your student profile and your nationality. But don’t worry about that, really: that’s what we’re here for.

Your Dingoos Guide will be there to help you at all times, along with our team of Qualified Australian Education Agents who specialise in processing student visas.

They’ll keep you informed and let you know which documents you’ll need at every step of the way.

What you DON’T need to get a Student Visa

The good news? You’ll find out some of the things you might have thought you needed for the visa are actually not required:

  • You can apply for the Student Visa without having an official English qualification. After all, you’re here to learn English.
  • There’s no age limitation to apply for this visa, so you’re good to go if you’re 20, 40, 60 or 120 years old! (But if you are 120, please tell us what you did to get there).

Get health insurance in Australia

You need specific health insurance to apply for a Student Visa.

It makes sense because healthcare in Australia is pretty expensive, and the Government wants to make sure that you have appropriate coverage for medical expenses.

We like Nib, Allianz and Bupa because they offer competitive prices and great cover plans.

Once you have decided, we will help you hire your OSHC policy. We do the paperwork, you have fun!

Why study in Australia?

Studying in Australia has a lot of good things that you won’t find in other English-speaking countries.

That’s why it’s the first choice destination for thousands of international students every year!

Improve your English skills

Linguistic immersion begins from day one. Being surrounded by English speakers means you’ll need to adapt from the very beginning.

Job opportunities

Australia has an unemployment rate of under 6%, so finding a part-time job while you study is something most people do.

Amazing landscape

Jungle, big cities, deserts, beaches, small towns… Australia is a huge country full of places to discover!

Different climates

Australia is so big that each area has its own climate. Do you want to live in a place that feels like summer all year round? You got it.

Do you want to live in constant rain? We’ve got you covered!

Personal development

Your time in Australia will definitely make you grow as a person. Get ready to go back home with amazing stories to tell!

Beneficios estudiar en Australia

How to study in Australia in 7 steps?

Dingoos will make the process as easy as possible for you so you can enjoy your time in Australia without worries.

Step 1: Contact us

In case of spending a season on the other side of the world sounds interesting to you, the first step you have to take is to contact us.
Once you do, one of our Dingoos Guides will contact you in 24/48 h., and he will be in charge of personally advising you to find the city and design an academic plan that suits your tastes and goals.

Step 2: Choose a city to live in

Do you have an idea of your ideal place to live? If so, rest assured you’ll find it here in Australia.

We know each corner of every city, so keep reading to find out about them and figure out which one will become your Aussie home.

Step 3: Choose a course

There are as many courses as there are types of people: at Dingoos we will talk to you about all your options and we will help you choose the one that most interests you based on your needs, objectives and budget.

Are you looking for a course to improve your English skills, or do you maybe want to change your career prospects?

It doesn’t matter what you’re looking for: if it’s in Australia, your Dingoos Guide will help you get it.


English courses (ELICOS)

They are the most popular type of course for international students when they come to Australia for the first time. Regardless of your level or why you want to study English in Australia, we will help you find an English course that suits your goals and budget.

These are the different types of English courses you can choose from:

  • General English: you will prepare yourself to control the primary needs of the language: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
  • Preparation for official exams: you will prepare to obtain degrees such as Cambridge, IELTS, TOEFL, ESOL, PTE, etc.
  • Business English: aimed at professionals who want to improve their English for the day-to-day work.

As you can see, the variety of English courses is wide regardless of your level of English.

If you have a basic English level and do not control the language beyond “How are you? I’m fine, thank you, and you?”, We recommend that you enrol in a general English course for at least six months.

On the other hand, if you already have an advanced English level and what you are looking for is an official qualification or perfecting the language to function at work, you will have the option of choosing between an official exam preparation course or a business English course. In either of these two cases, three months of study could be enough.

In addition, English courses offer a lot of flexibility to organize your travel plans. And, you can start your course any week of the year and in this way choose when you want to arrive to begin studying in Australia.

English courses (ELICOS) are evaluated through attendance. Therefore, you must complete an attendance percentage higher than 80% to obtain the certificate that will certify the level of English you have reached at the end of the course.

Regarding schedules, English courses can be full-time or part-time (also known as part-time or condensed).

In full-time English courses, you can usually choose between morning, afternoon or even evening hours in some schools. A full-time schedule is a perfect option if you have a shallow level of English or feel that your fluency when speaking is rusty. At Dingoos, we do not usually recommend enrolling for more than three months full time because once you start to notice that your English improves, you will want to have more time to work or enjoy the hundreds of plans and events that we organize. For this reason, we usually offer to combine three months of English course with a full-time schedule with 3 or 6 more months of English with a part-time program. In any case, the decision is entirely up to you, but if you miss an event later, don’t say we didn’t let you know.

The next option is the part-time schedule. If you choose a part-time English course, you will give the same 20 or 25 hours per week as in the full-time mode, but condensed into fewer days (hence the Aussies call them “condensed”). Let’s say it’s like studying English intensively for two and a half days a week. This option also allows you to choose between morning, afternoon or evening hours depending on the school.

And wait for the best; what happens if I enrol full-time, find a job and want to change to a part-time schedule? Well, our Student Support Team will help you request a change in the school’s plan, and if the school has free places, in principle, there would be no significant problem in changing you. The same goes for the morning, afternoon or evening schedules. So do not be afraid to choose one or the other if you are unsure because your choice does not have to be ultimately final.


Vocational Education and Training Courses (VET)

If you already have an advanced level of English and what interests you is to come to Australia to learn or deepen more in a trade while living an international experience, your thing is that you choose a VET course: a kind of Vocational Training (VET) to the Australian but with global recognition and prestige.

When studying a VET course in Australia, you will be able to choose between many topics depending on your objectives. Whether you want to learn to cook, start a business, take care of the environment, become a hacker, or fulfil your dream of training as a yoga teacher, there is a VET course for you in Australia.

Within the vocational courses, you can find different academic levels. The lowest level of study will be Certificate I, and the most advanced the Advanced Diploma. In between, we can see the Certificates II, III and IV and the Diplomas.

VET courses have a fixed duration, depending on the type of course and the school that offers it. For example, two schools may offer a Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication, and one of the courses is 30 weeks and the other 40 weeks.

On the other hand, unlike English courses, VET courses have fixed start dates, which also vary depending on the course and the institution that teaches them. Therefore, we can find courses with weekly, monthly or quarterly starting dates, but do not worry because that is precisely what we are here to help you with. You tell us your desired date of arrival in Australia, and your Dingoos Guide will be in charge of finding the course that best suits your travel plans.

Another indisputable advantage of VET courses is that in most of them, attendance is not compulsory, and you will only have to go to class between 1 and 2 days a week. In this way, you will have greater flexibility to combine studying and working in Australia and save time to say yes to all the plans that we propose. Of course, remember that you will have to have completed all the units to obtain your degree at the end of the study period. To pass each unit, you will have to deliver the assignments your teacher will assign you throughout the course.


TAFE courses

TAFE courses (Technical And Further Education) are similar to VET but coordinated at the state level and taught in public institutions.

The main differences between VET and TAFE courses are:

  • TAFE courses tend to have a higher practical component.
  • They require a higher level of academic level.
  • The entry requirements are much more demanding to be able to study TAFE courses. For example, they demand to have an official qualification that certifies the level of English of their students (Cambridge, IELTS, TOEFL …)
  • They only have one start date per quarter.

In addition, TAFE courses have a less flexible payment plan policy than VET.


University degrees

This option implies studying for a university degree, a master’s degree or a doctorate in an Australian university, with all the international prestige that this means for your CV.

Australian universities have quite demanding entry requirements, including translating all previous study documents or accrediting a certain level of English through the Academic IELTS test. The level of English required may vary depending on the university and the study program. Still, they usually ask for a minimum of a 7 in IELTS, which is equivalent to a C1 in Cambridge.

On the other hand, unlike the rest of the courses, university degrees only offer two start dates per year, one in each semester of the year (generally in January-February for the first semester and June-July for the second). Therefore, the date of your arrival in Australia will be conditioned by the start date of your course at the university.

Step 4: School enrolment

After you decide on a city, course, and academic provider, it’s time to begin the enrolment process.

Dingoos will handle the school paperwork for you to secure a place in your course of choice. Thus, when the time comes to start your course, everything will be ready for you to enjoy the experience of studying in Australia.

Did you know that you can study in various cities in Australia?

If you like to move and want to make the most of your stay, you will surely enjoy the idea of studying in different cities in Australia. How do you hear it! There are several ways to do this, but we always recommend enrolling in schools that have campuses in multiple cities. Thus, you can change of scene during the course with a simple procedure at school. Ask your Dingoos Guide which schools allow geographic mobility, and we will help you choose an option with which you can move from city to city.

Step 5: Hiring OSHC insurance

If you want to apply for a Student Visa, hiring an OSHC medical insurance is mandatory. And in addition to being required, it is more than recommended: think that Australian private healthcare is super expensive, and anything that happens to you, even a cold, can end up costing you an absolute fortune.

From Dingoos, we will offer you different options of approved OSHC policies with the best quality/price ratio so that you can choose the one that suits you best. And once you have decided, we will help you manage your hiring.

Step 6: Student Visa application

Relax and forget about headaches: we do all the bureaucratic procedures for you, including the drafting of the famous GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant).

Our Visa Experts are certified professionals with the QEAC qualification and are authorized to apply for the student visa on your behalf. They will be in charge of preparing and processing your Student Visa to study in Australia. As you can see, you are in good hands. And the best of all is that we offer the student visa application service completely free of charge to members of the #DingoosFamily.

Step 7: Get your flight tickets and pack your stuff!

At this point, you will feel like on a cloud! You have your Student Visa; you are enrolled in your course, and the only thing left is the best: come flying.

In addition to sending you a promo code to purchase your flights, your Integration Coordinator will give you a hand with the latest procedures before your trip to Australia. For example, hiring accommodation for your first days in Australia or opening your Australian bank account online. The Integration Coordinator will also make sure that your Dingoos Integrator is ready to meet you and welcome you to the Australian city of your choice. We are waiting for you on the other side of the world!

Advantages of the student visa

The Student Visa opens up a world of advantages for you!

  • It is the easiest long-stay visa to obtain.
  • You do not need to prove any level of English.
  • You can request it without an age limit.
  • You do not compete against other candidates, as is the case with the Work & Holiday Visa.
  • It allows you to work part-time while you study and full-time on vacation to pay for your stay in Australia.
  • It offers tax advantages. The first $ 18,200 AUD you earn working in Australia are tax-free.
  • Your partner can accompany you and also work part-time.
  • You can renew it without leaving Australia.
  • It can give you access to other types of visas, depending on your profile and what you decide to study.

How much does it cost to study in Australia?

The total cost will depend on several things: the Student Visa, the price of the course you choose, the flights, the OSHC insurance and the accommodation you decide on and, of course, your daily expenses once you settle in Australia.

So that you can get a better idea of what the expenses of studying in Australia are, we have broken down the expenses into fixed and variable one by one:

Student Visa fees

The price of a single Student Visa in Australia is $$1.600 AUD. This expense is fixed regardless of how long you want to stay in the country.

The price of a Student Visa for couples in Australia is $2.790 AUD. This amount is the sum of the $1.600 AUD of the primary applicant plus the $1.190 AUD corresponding to the dependent applicant.

In case you want to include your children in the student visa, you will have to add $390 AUD for each child to the price of the visa.

Escríbenos y resolveremos todas tus dudas

If you want to study in Australia, fill out this form, and a Dingoos Guide will contact you in the next 24/48 hours.
Imagen Formulario
¡Tu mensaje está de camino!
Un Guía Dingoos lo leerá y te responderá en las próximas 24/48 horas.
Si pasado este plazo no has recibido un email, recuerda revisar tu carpeta de Spam.

    Acepto recibir comunicaciones de Dingoos

    Course prices to study in Australia

    The price of your academic planning is a variable expense and will depend on the type of course, the educational institution that offers it and its duration. For instance:

    • If you choose to study an English course (ELICOS), you will have to know that their prices vary depending on the duration, type of course and schedule. Fees usually range between $ 150 and $290 AUD per week. Your Dingoos Guide will send you different course options during the counselling phase and help you choose the one that best suits you based on your objectives and budget. A year studying English in an economic school would cost approximately $6,000 AUD.
    • If you choose to study a vocational course (VET), the price will be fixed and will depend on the program you choose. In general, VET courses are usually priced between $1,000 AUD and $2,000 AUD per quarter and are generally cheaper than English courses; for example, some inexpensive VET courses would help you get a one-year student visa for an approximate price of about $4,500 or $5,000 AUD.
    • If you choose to study in a public institution such as TAFE, you should know that their courses’ prices and entry requirements are higher, costing between $4,000 and $25,000 AUD depending on the program you choose. For a one-year visa studying a TAFE course, the cost associated with this could range between $ 8000 and $10,000 AUD.
    • If you want to study for a master’s degree or a university degree in Australia, the prices range between $ 22,000 and $35,000 AUD per year, this being the most expensive study option. Although the price is slightly higher than that of private universities in your home country, it is considerably lower than the price of studying the same programs in the United Kingdom or the United States. For this reason, together with the great prestige of Australian universities, many students choose to do their university studies in Australia. If you want to study a one-year program at an Australian university, you should know that the cheapest ones have a price higher than $20,000 AUD.

    Finally, all courses have associated costs, such as registration fees and materials, which must be paid when confirming enrollment. Typically, tuition prices are between $200 and $300 AUD, while the costs of materials have a more significant variation depending on the course chosen.

    As you can see, the costs of studying in Australia vary greatly depending on the type of course you take. Therefore, your Dingoos Guide will present you with different options so that you can choose the one that best suits your goals and budget.

    Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) price

    Hiring health insurance (OSHC) is an expense that, in addition to being mandatory, is highly recommended.

    Healthcare in Australia is very expensive and as you already know, to apply for a Student Visa, you need to have an OSHC policy that covers the entire duration of your visa.

    The cost of OSHC health insurance is usually around $43 AUD per month or $516 AUD for a one-year visa duration. The insurance companies that offer OSHC policies with the best quality/price ratio are Allianz, Nib and Bupa.

    If you want to go even deeper into the costs of studying in Australia, visit our post “how much does it cost to study and work in Australia?”.

    Can I afford it?

    In most cases, the answer is yes. Unlike other countries where going to study is something elitist. That very few people can afford (such as the United States), it is relatively inexpensive to access an international academic experience in Australia.

    The reason is that once you are in Australia, you will be able to pay for your studies and day-to-day expenses with the money you earn working.

    How much savings do I need for the first days?

    This will depend a lot on the city in which you want to study. But on average, you will cover the first month expenses (while you find a job) with $1,500 or $2,000 AUD. 

    Duration of the Student Visa

    The total duration of your Student Visa will depend on the length of the course you choose to study and the holidays associated with it.

    The duration of the English courses (ELICOS) is variable. To obtain a Student Visa, you can study between a minimum of 10 weeks and a recommended maximum of 52 weeks (1 year).

    On the other hand, vocational courses (VET) have a fixed duration that will depend on the academic plan of each school. For example, a Marketing Diploma at school “A” can last for 30 weeks, while at school “B” the same degree can last 52 weeks. Depending on how long you want to spend in Australia, you may be interested in one school more than the other.

    Likewise, all courses have associated vacations divided into two types: school vacations and immigration vacations.

    Student Visa holidays

    The holidays granted by the school vary depending on the type of academic program: an English course (ELICOS) or a vocational (VET) course.


    ELICOS course holidays

    Your Dingoos Guide will optimize the length of your Student Visa by getting up to 8 weeks of vacation between blocks of 12 weeks of class. Therefore, with 40-week planning, you could get a 15-month visa.


    VET course holidays

    They work in a different way since these courses already have vacations stipulated in their academic planning. Many of them follow the same planning as Australian schools and institutes, taking two weeks of vacation each term and four to six weeks in summer. Other schools, however, have their own calendar.


    Holidays when combining courses

    Holidays when combining courses: if you combine two different courses, either ELICOS or VET, you can enjoy up to 8 weeks of vacation depending on your nationality and risk profile.

    On the other hand, you will also enjoy a vacation period granted by immigration at the end of your visa.

    The Australian Immigration Department can grant one, two or even three months of vacation at the end of your academic planning.

    These extra vacations are granted so that you can travel and enjoy this wonderful country before returning home at the end of your studies. Whether you use them to travel or work full time will be a decision you can make when the time comes.

    1, 2 or 3 months of holidays? Why?

    The duration of the holidays you will get at the end of your visa will depend on the total length of the course or courses you choose to take.

    • The Australian Immigration Department grants one month of holidays at the end of the course to those students who add less than 40 weeks of study within the same visa.
    • Instead, you will enjoy two months of holidays at the end of your visa as long as the total duration of your studies exceeds 40 weeks of study.
    • Exceptionally, if your academic planning exceeds 40 weeks of study and your course end date falls between November 15 and December 15, the Australian Immigration Department may grant you up to three months of holidays at the end of your visa.

    But why are vacations important if you want to study in Australia?

    First of all, when you are on vacation, you can work full-time, being an excellent opportunity to increase your income and save. In addition, the holidays will extend the time of your visa for free.

    Your Dingoos Guide will be in charge of preparing a personalized study plan based on your preferences and risk profile. Below you will find some examples of academic programs with optimized vacations that will allow you to achieve the most extended duration of the student visa at the lowest cost.

    Examples of course combinations with optimized duration:

    • 40-week ELICOS course: 12 weeks of class + 8 weeks of vacation + 12 weeks of class + 8 weeks of holidays + 16 weeks of class + 8 weeks of immigration vacation. The total duration of your visa will be up to 64 weeks (approximately 15 months).
    • 12-week ELICOS Course + VET Course: 12 weeks of English class + up to 8 weeks of vacation + VET COURSE (16-104 weeks) + 1 or 2 months of vacation. The duration of your visa would depend on the duration of the VET course.
      For example, if the VET course is 16 weeks, the total duration of the visa will be approximately nine and a half months.
      However, if the VET course is 104 weeks, the total duration of the visa will be approximately two and a half years.
    • VET Course + VET Course: We can plan how you get up to 8 weeks of vacation between courses. For this reason, the duration of your visa will be the combination of the duration of your courses together with the 8 weeks of holidays between courses and the holidays granted by immigration at the end of the visa.For example, if we combine a 30-week VET course with a 54-week VET course, the academic planning would be as follows:VET Course 1 (30 weeks) + 4 to 8 weeks of vacation + VET Course 2 (54 weeks) + 8 weeks of vacation.The total duration of the visa, in this case, would be approximately one year and 11 months.

    Can I study with other visas in Australia?

    The Student Visa is usually the best option for those who want to study and work in Australia. However, other visa options also offer the possibility of studying in Australia:


    Tourist Visa (600)

    The Tourist Visa allows you to study for up to 3 months. Depending on your nationality and request it from outside or within Australia, it can be free or cost about $365 AUD. The most significant limitations of this visa are that you will not be able to work legally, and you will have to leave the country every 3 months.


    Work and Holiday Visa (462)

    The Work and Holiday Visa will grant you one year of stay in Australia and allow you to study for up to 4 months. It costs $650 AUD. To apply for this visa, you must be under 31 years old and prove a certain level of English (4.5 in IELTS) for some nationalities. In addition, the number of Work and Holiday Visas are limited each year, and it´s not available for all nationalities.


    Temporary Graduate Visa (485)

    You can obtain this visa after studying at an Australian university or studying a VET course of more than 92 weeks, whose subject of study is related to one of the jobs detailed in the list of most demanded professions in Australia (also known as the Skill List). Its length goes up to two years and gives you the option to work and study without limitations.


    Training Visa (407)

    This is a training visa in which you will work for an employer who will be in charge of giving you work and training. To apply for this visa, you need to meet specific requirements, such as previous studies and years of experience. Like the 485 visa, it has no limit in terms of hours of work and study.

    Therefore, if your goal is to study in Australia and improve your English or learn about another subject and you do not meet the requirements or do not fit these visas, as we have already mentioned before, your best option will be to apply to a Student Visa.

    Working conditions and most common jobs for international students in Australia

    Working conditions under the student visa

    The Student Visa allows you to work 40 hours every two weeks, or 20 hours a week while studying.

    However, you will be able to work up to 40 hours a week during your holiday.

    As a student, you can work in two different ways: employed or self-employed.

    • As an employee, you will work for an employer, who will pay your salary and the corresponding taxes to the government. To do this, you will need a Tax File Number (TFN). Don’t worry, since your Dingoos Integrator will help you request it as part of the integration services when you arrive in Australia.
    • As a contractor (self-employed): in this case, you will work as a freelancer, being able to offer your services to different companies or employers, who will pay you for them. To become self-employed, you will need an Australian Business Number (ABN). If you want more information about the ABN, you will find it in our guide to create the Australian Business Number.

    What kind of jobs can I apply for as an international student?

    The number of jobs you can apply for as a student in Australia is almost endless.

    Everything will depend on your English level, experience and previous training, and attitude when facing the job search. In general, the most accessible jobs to get are unskilled ones since they require less preparation than qualified ones. However, many students end up working in a qualified job in their specialty.

    Even so, working in an unskilled job does not mean that you won´t have a good salary. Salaries in Australia are very high, so that you will earn between $ 20 and $35 AUD per hour in unskilled jobs.

    Some examples of the most common jobs among international students who have just arrived in Australia would be the following:

    • Work in the hospitality industry, whether as a waiter, barista or bartender
    • Work in restaurants as a cook or kitchen hand
    • Work as a receptionist in hotels and resorts
    • Work as a cleaner
    • Work as a food delivery boy (or girl)
    • Work in retail, clothing stores or other businesses
    • Work in the construction industry
    • Work in garden maintenance
    • Work as a babysitter
    • Working on farms picking fruit or caring for animals

    As you can see, the job opportunities are vast. Anyway, if you want to know more about the types of work in Australia, you can find more detailed information in this post.

    Scholarships for international students in Australia

    If you think that coming to study in Australia is too much for your budget, you will be happy to read the following list of scholarships that could help you fulfil your dream.

    Scholarships to come to study in Australia are divided between public and private scholarships. To access them, they will ask you for specific requirements, such as having a high level of English or having your documents officially translated into English.

    Although we cannot process the scholarship applications for you, once you get one, we will help you with the rest of the procedures until you get your student visa to come to study and enjoy your scholarship in Australia.

    And if you still do not have the level of English necessary to apply for a scholarship to study in Australia, don’t worry, contact us, and we will advise you about the best options to come to study in Australia.

    Tipos de alojamiento en Australia

    Types of accommodation in Australia

    A shared apartment, a student residence, a backpacker and even living with an Australian family: discover all the accommodation options available for you during your Australian adventure.

    FAQs about studying in Australia


    Do I need to have a good English level to study in Australia?

    No. You don’t need to have a good English level to apply for a student visa. One of the reasons for coming here is to acquire it: if you do not have an English level, the best option is to enrol in an English course (ELICOS) in Australia. If you want to study a VET course or a university degree, you will have to meet the minimum level of English required by the school.


    Can I work with the student visa?

    Yes, the student visa allows you to work part-time (40 hours every two weeks) while studying and full-time (40 hours per week) when you are on holiday. In this way, you will get enough money for your accommodation, pay for your course, your leisure activities, have a few beers with friends and even travel from time to time. The secret is knowing how to manage yourself!


    Will I find work with a low English level?

    If you don’t have a high level of English, you can start in unskilled jobs where you won’t need to interact too much with other people. As your level of English improves and you gain more experience, you will be applying for better jobs.


    Do I have to apply for my own Student Visa?

    No! That is one of the star services of Dingoos: we have a team of certified visa experts with the QEAC qualification. You do not have to worry about anything that concerns the application and processing of the Student Visa. Your Visa Expert will do all the work, and you will only have to wait for your visa to be approved to pack your suitcase and come to Australia.


    Do I need a minimum English level to request a Student Visa in Australia?

    No, unlikely other visas such as the Work & Holiday Visa, you don´t need to prove your English level to request the Australian Student Visa. That and that there is also no age limit to apply to it.


    Can I study in Australia if I am over 30 years old?

    Of course, you can! It fills us with pride and satisfaction to tell you that the Student Visa allows you to apply without an age limit. Also, once you are here, you will meet many more people than you think your age. If you want to give a 360º turn to your life, Australia is the perfect country to do it.


    Can I live in different Australian cities throughout my experience?

    That is an excellent question! And the answer is even better: yes, it is possible. When you have decided what you want to study, your Dingoos Guide will draw up a plan tailored to you so that, if you wish, you can live one season in one city and another in another. To do this, it will present you with options for schools based in more than one city, making a possible change of city as easy as putting on your swimsuit to go to the beach.


    What are the most common courses to study in Australia?

    The most common are English courses (ELICOS) and vocational courses (VET). Within the VET courses, you will find endless options to study the subject that interests you the most. To give you an idea there are VET courses in photography, business, marketing or sports, carpentry, aesthetics and many more.


    Can I combine an English course with a VET course?

    Of course! It can be a good idea to improve your English level a little before studying a vocational course. Many international students choose to study an English course before starting a VET course.


    How far in advance do I have to start the process to study in Australia?

    From Dingoos we can help you whenever you need us, but we recommend that you start your process at least 2 months before the date you want to arrive in Australia. In this way, we will save ourselves from the last-minute rush and we will be able to prepare your arrival in Australia with all the guarantees so that you feel at home on the other side of the world.


    How long can I stay studying in Australia?

    The duration of your visa will depend on how long your course lasts. In fact, the duration of your visa will be determined by the combination of the duration of your course together with the duration of the holidays associated with it. For example, if you decide to study an English course for 24 weeks (6 months), you could get a visa duration of up to 9 months. Your Dingoos Guide will help you optimize your academic planning to get as many vacations as possible.


    Can I stay in Australia when my student visa ends?

    Yes, of course! It will be as easy as renewing your student visa or applying for another visa for which you are eligible. If you are in this situation, you can contact us, and a Dingoos Guide will help you organise your visa renewal process. Our visa renewal service is entirely free of charge for you.


    Do I have to pay for my entire course in advance?

    No, it is not necessary to pay for the entire course in advance. Each school has a different payment policy, but the vast majority offer flexibility when paying for the system. In general, it will be enough for you to pay a signal of between $500 and $900 AUD. Once you are in Australia, you can pay in comfortable monthly or quarterly instalments, depending on the payment plan offered by the school. In any case, your Dingoos Guide will inform you of this during the personalized advice process.


    What if being in Australia I decide to come back early?

    Do not worry: if this happens and you have to return to your country before the end of your visa, our Student Support Team will help you with the cancellation procedures. This way, you will not have any problem if, at any time, you want to study in Australia again.


    How much money do you need to go to study in Australia?

    It depends on the course you want to do, but to give you an idea, if you’re going to come to study an English course for six months, you will need an investment between $5,000 AUD and $8,000 AUD. The total cost will depend on the city and school you choose. In any case, you will not have to pay all that money before coming to Australia, since you can pay part of the course before arriving and the rest in comfortable instalments once you are studying and working in Australia.


    How do I go to study in Australia?

    To study in Australia, you will need to obtain a Student Visa. To do this, you must, on the one hand, have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and be enrolled in a school approved by the Australian Government. On the other hand, you must also take out mandatory OSHC medical insurance. If you have questions about the steps to get the visa, contact us, and we will be happy to help you with all the procedures and receive you with a big welcome hug upon your arrival in Australia.

    How does Dingoos help you?

    Accompanying you in every step of your experience to study in Australia: before, during and after arriving. Discover what we can do for you!

    Icono asesoramiento

    Personalised advice

    What, when, how and where do you want to study? At Dingoos, we are experts in developing a plan tailored to your needs based on your tastes, interests and budget.

    Icono matriculacion curso

    School enrollment

    Not only do we help you choose the course that best suits you, but we also take care of enrolling you in the school of your choice, so you don't have to lift a finger.

    Icono tramitacion visado

    Visa application

    As visa experts, we know that the papers to get it are a bummer. For this reason, we do it for you so that you only have the fun part!

    Icono seguro australia

    OSHC medical insurance

    At Dingoos, we look for you and hire excellent health insurance at a small price so that you live life and enjoy your visa without fear of anything.

    Icono contacto con estudiantes

    Contact with other students

    Are you afraid of coming alone to Australia? At Dingoos, we will put you in contact with other students even before arriving in Australia so that you are always in good company.

    Icono busqueda de vuelos

    Search for cheap flights

    We help you buy your flight to Australia at the best price thanks to our experience in the sector and our exclusive agreements with airlines.

    Icono cuenta bancaria

    Bank account

    We help you open your Australian account step by step and from your country of origin so that you can pay in dollars as soon as you arrive.

    Icono busqueda alojamiento

    Accommodation for the first days

    We will help you to reserve your accommodation for the first few days. Thus, after the long journey, you will be able to take a shower, rest and meet other students who have also just arrived.

    Icono traslado desde aeropuerto

    Transfer from the airport

    We will manage your pick up at the airport to leave you at the very door of the backpacker that we will have reserved for you.

    Icono integracion

    Reception and integration

    Relax and enjoy because your Dingoos Integrator will stay with you as soon as you arrive in Australia to welcome you and accompany you to do all the necessary procedures to start your adventure.

    Icono asesoramiento

    Welcome Pack

    When you arrive in Australia, we will deliver you our exclusive and useful Welcome Pack. So you will have everything you need for your first Aussie days close at hand.

    Icono workandholiday

    W&H welcome pack

    If you are thinking of coming to Australia with a Work and Holiday Visa, we offer you an all in one package at a spectacular price that includes many services that no one else will provide you with.

    Icono busqueda alojamiento

    Support in finding accommodation

    At Dingoos we will advise you, give you advice and solve all your doubts to help you find a long-stay accommodation in which you feel at home.

    Icono movil

    Mobile line activation

    When you arrive in Australia, we will give you a SIM card, and we will help you activate it so that you can tell everyone that you have arrived safely and started uploading stories.

    Icono abn y tfn

    TFN application

    We will request your TFN so that you can start looking for work as soon as possible. We will also explain how to apply for the ABN if you want to work as a freelancer in Australia.

    Icono transporte

    Transport card

    You only need to move freely around the city by bus, metro or tram is a public transport card. When you arrive in Australia, we will accompany you to get yours.

    Icono busqueda trabajo

    Job search support

    Australia is full of job opportunities, and we will teach you some tricks to identify them and find a job that will help you establish yourself.

    Icono planes de ocio

    Events and leisure plans

    Every month we organize many events and activities for our students: surfing, diving, barbecues, beers and excursions.

    Icono descuentos estudiantes

    Student discounts

    We have a lot of exclusive agreements with local, national and international companies, designed for you and that you can enjoy by being part of the #DingoosFamily.

    Icono atencion al cliente

    Student support

    Whenever you have any questions, whenever you need something that we can help you with, we will be there to assist and advise you. In Dingoos we will be “your family away from your family”. As long as we are here, you will never be alone.

    Icono renovacion visa

    Visa renewal

    When you decide to stay longer in Australia, which you will, we will advise you on the best way to renew your visa and we will take care of doing all the paperwork for you.

    Do you want more information about studying in Australia?

    Dingoos Newsletter Australia

    Get on the wave!

    Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date.

    ¿Aún no conoces al #DingoosTeam?

    Descubre quienes somos y todo lo que podemos hacer por ti. ¡Te esperamos!

    Más información

    Para garantizar una mejor experiencia de navegación, te aconsejamos que pongas tu móvil de forma vertical.