Tourist visa for Australia

Tourist visa

The best option for those who plan short stay visits.

We know that managing visas is not by far the most fun of a trip, so we want to share our experience with you and tell you how to do it step by step to make it very easy. Let's go there!

Are you thinking of coming to Australia for a couple of weeks to surf on the best beaches in the world? Do you dream of a roll road trip trip by big cities of the world and landscapes of heart attack? Do you plan a pit stop to see the Great Barrier Reef in your round the world? In any case, to spend short periods in Australia you will need to request the tourist visa.

What is the tourist visa?

If you are thinking of coming to Australia for a couple of weeks to surf the best beaches in the world, or you dream of a trip on a road trip through infarct landscapes you will need to apply for a tourist visa.

The tourist visa is a type of visa that allows you to enter Australia and stay in the country at most during 12 months in a row. Normally, it is associated with activities such as tourism or vacations.

Unless you have Australian or New Zealand nationality, you must apply for a tourist visa before leaving your country. But that's not all, because you should also know that there are different types of tourist visas in Australia. Let's see what they are.

Types of tourist visa in Australia?


Visa eVisitor (651)

  • It is only available for some nationalities, among which is the Spanish and the rest of the EU.
  • You always have to request it from outside of Australia.
  • You can not have a criminal record that has resulted in a sentence of more than 12 months in prison.
  • The duration of the visa is one year, although you can not spend more than three months in Australia.
  • You can study, but always a maximum of three months.
  • It does not allow work.
  • Is free.
  • To be more than three months in Australia and to work we recommend you apply for a student visa.

Tourist Visa Visitor (600)

  • It has a cost that goes between the $ 140 AUD and the $ 1020 AUD.
  • The Australian government can request a proof of the money you have in the bank, to know that you can afford to live in Australia without working.
  • It lasts one year, and you can be in Australia for 3, 6 or 12 months in a row.
  • You can request it from within Australia, even to extend your stay if you have been a holder of another type of visa, such as student.

How to apply for your tourist visa eVisitor Visa (651)?

First and foremost: make sure your passport covers the entire period that you will be in Australia. If you see that you are justillo or think about it: renew it before coming and avoid unnecessary dislikes.


Create your account

  • If this is the first time you are going to apply for a visa you will have to create your InmiAccount. If you have already applied for your visa, you just have to log in.
  • Fill the form. As you will see, all the answers are obligatory, so keep your identification data at hand.
  • Confirm your e-mail As soon as everything is ready you will receive a confirmation e-mail.

Apply to get the visa

  • Within your account you will see that there is an option that says “application for an eVisitor”.
  • Fill the form.
  • Once the process is finished, check that you have received a confirmation email indicating that you have received your application. If you don't see it at first, check out the tray of spam!

Visa Confirmation

  • In a couple of working days you will receive confirmation that they have approved your visa.
  • When you receive the e-mail, print it and bring it with you when you come to Australia (in principle it is not necessary, but it costs nothing to bring it "just in case").
  • Before packing your bag, check out this post about things you can't bring to Australia. You never know!

How to apply for your tourist Visa Visitor Visa (600)

These are the steps you must follow to apply for your visa Tourist Visitor (600):


Create your account

Just like to start the application of the eVisitor visa, you will also need to create an account in InmiAccount to be able to apply to the Visitor (600) visa. If you have already applied for a visa before, you will only have to log in.


Apply to get the visa

  • Once inside your ImiAccount, select «New application»> «Visitor»> Visa Visitor (600)
  • Fill the form. After accepting the terms and conditions, you will be asked for information such as the date of entry and exit from Australia, reasons for the trip, etc ...
  •  After paying the fees and completing the application process, they will send you a confirmation email to your email (don't forget to check your spam tray).

Visa Confirmation

  • The resolution time for this visa is between 20 or 25 days, so we recommend you request it with a certain time frame.
  • When the resolution of your application is completed, you will receive an email with the result. From here, if your visa is approved, you can print it to bring it with you when you come to Australia, although the latter is not necessary.
  • Meanwhile and to know the status of your application you can visit this page from the Australian government to check it out.


Do I need medical insurance if I travel to Australia as a tourist?

Do not play it, The answer is yes (unless you do not fear anything, be a millionaire and you like to waste your money ... and not even with those!). Keep in mind that here the health is very expensive and if something happens to you, you will have to pay all the medical expenses out of your own pocket.
You can be bitten by an insect or twist an ankle, unimportant things but here you can cost a real fortune.

Take a look and find out everything you need to know about the OVHC insurance for tourists in Australia.

Can I work with a tourist visa?

The answer is a resounding no, and be careful because Australians are very strict about this. In fact they have a list of different types of work visas. We recommend the student visa, because it is the easiest to get and will allow you to work part-time while studying, traveling and enjoying Australia.

Can I study with a tourist visa?

Yes, but whenever it is a course whose duration does not exceed 3 months. If you are thinking of a short stay to learn English in summer, a workshop or something, contact us what you want to know and one of our Dingoos Guide will advise you free of charge on the courses and schools available, as well as helping you plan your trip.

Can I enter and leave Australia with my tourist visa?

Yes, of course, You can enter and leave the country whenever you want without having to apply for a new visa each time. Of course, keep in mind that if you come with the eVisitor you can not be more than three months in a row for a year

Can I apply for the Visa eVisitor if I am within Australia?

No, in this case you will have to request the Visitor (600) yes or yes.

What is Dingoos and how do we help you?

In Dingoos we dedicate ourselves and (we love) make life easier for those people who decide to change their routine.

Once you contact us, we will advise you in a personalized way about your best option to live in this wonderful country, and we will also help you with all the paperwork and paperwork involved in processing the visa, either with the student visa or Work & Holiday. Visa.

In addition, we have a great community Dingoos scattered throughout Australia that will never make you feel alone or alone wherever you go.
If you want to know everything we can do for you, here we leave you our services for you to take a look. And if you finally decide to come to Australia, you can stop by our office whenever you want!

We speak? Write us!

Fill out the form and a Dingoos Guide will write to you as soon as you read your mail.
Form image
Your message is on its way!
A Dingoos Guide will read it and respond to you in the next 24/48 hours.
If after this period you have not received an email, remember to check your Spam folder.

    To ensure a better browsing experience, we advise you to put your phone vertically.

    Australia's most famous cookies are called "Anzac Biscuits". Accept them to continue browsing the web. See Cookies policy

    Notice of cookies