Couple visa for Australia

Couple visa

The perfect visa to come with your partner to Australia.

If you have a partner and are thinking of coming to study and work in Australia, the most normal thing in the world is that you want to come together. So congratulations to both of you for taking that first big step! Now the important thing is to know which are the following and be clear that any trip of two begins with a magic word: a couple's visa.

What is a couple's visa in Australia?

It is a type of visa that allows your partner to accompany you to Australia and study and work legally.

Although it is a perfect option for formal couples, you should know that the conditions are not the same for the two members of the couple:

  • El student or principal applicant may:
    • Work part-time during the course (20 hours per week).
    • Work full time on vacation (40 hours per week).
  • While the dependent applicant may:
    • Work only part-time, regardless of whether it is on vacation or during the course (there is an exception, and that is if the student is going to do a master's degree or a Doctorate, in which case the employee will be able to work full-time)
    • Study for a maximum of 3 months (for a longer course, you must apply for your own student visa)

What are the requirements to get a couple visa in Australia?

Ideally, you should be married or, at least, registered as a domestic partnership. But do not worry, lovebirds, you do not need to organize a lightning trip to Las Vegas to swear your eternal love to an Elvis Presley: there are other, simpler ways to show that you are a full-fledged couple. For example…

  • Bank accounts in the name of both.
  • Proof that you are a couple for a period of more than 12 months. For example, presenting documents such as a rental agreement, utility bills (water, electricity, telephone, etc.), etc.
  • Sworn statements from relatives (here's the perfect excuse to make peace with suegr @ s and cuñad @ s)
  • Any document that certifies that you share some good: car in the name of both, mortgage, etc.
  • Plane or train tickets and reservations on behalf of the two of you who have traveled together.

You do not have to have everything, but the more evidence you provide, the better.

How to apply for a couple's visa in Australia?

If you apply for a student visa, your partner can accompany you with the couple's visa (also called, by the way, de facto visa). This is one of the big differences with the Work and Holiday Visa, since the latter does not allow you to incorporate your partner into your visa.

The student visa does allow you to include your partner, but first of all you will have to enroll in a course that meets the visa requirements.

The best of the best is that in Dingoos we take care of the application and we help you with the paperwork and all the paperwork so that you arrive here for a visa. And yes, we do it totally free.

Get in touch with us and we will inform you about the different course options, deadlines and everything you want to know and you have never dared to ask anyone.

How much does the couple's visa cost?

The cost of the couple visa has a price for the main applicant and another for the couple:

  • Main Applicant: $ 620 AUD.
  • Partner: $ 460 AUD.

We speak? Write us!

Fill out the form and a Dingoos Guide will write to you as soon as you read your mail.
Form image
Your message is on its way!
A Dingoos Guide will read it and respond to you in the next 24/48 hours.
If after this period you have not received an email, remember to check your Spam folder.


    Will my partner be able to work?

    Oh yeah! If one of the members enrolls in an English, VET or TAFE course, the couple (with a de facto visa) will have the right to work 20 hours per week.

    And as we mentioned a little higher, if the enrollment is done for a postgraduate course at the university (such as a master's or a doctorate) the couple can work full time.

    Can my partner study?

    Of course, but only for three months. If you want to study for longer you must apply for your own student visa.

    Can I include my partner on the visa later?

    Very good question! Let us put ourselves in the hypothetical case (perhaps yours) that you are coming to Australia and you have a partner but in principle it does not intend to accompany you. In these cases, you should always indicate the existence of your better half in the application for your student visa. Thus, if he later changes his mind and decides to accompany you to the end of the world, he can come with the couple's visa. If you have not indicated previously, the only option you will have will be to apply for a new student visa

    How can I become a de facto partner in Australia?

    Wow, our hairs are like escarpias. That's real love!

    The good news is that becoming a couple in fact is not difficult at all, you just have to meet a series of super simple requirements. And the even better news is that since Dingoos we have designed a Guide to become a de facto couple in Australia in which we explain all the retail details so you do not have a doubt to resolve. Check it out and tell us how it is!

    As you see? Easy hard? Give it a thought, but from now we can assure you that if you decide to stay ahead you will live a unique experience that will further strengthen your relationship and unite you forever.

    Of course, here we are to help you in everything you need so you can say yes to Australia. Who knows, maybe we even celebrated your wedding here!

    To ensure a better browsing experience, we advise you to put your phone vertically.

    Australia's most famous cookies are called "Anzac Biscuits". Accept them to continue browsing the web. See Cookies policy

    Notice of cookies