Study in Australia

Everything you need to know to live the experience of your life.
study in australia
Studying in Australia is not the most difficult thing in the world, but it is not as easy as waking up one day with the cable crossed and saying "today I feel like going to the other side of the world for six months, I'm going to pack my suitcase."

1. What requirements do you need to study in Australia?

To study in Australia you only have to meet a couple of essential requirements: get the student visa and get health insurance. Surely you are thinking about the paperwork that this can take, do not worry, because we take care of that.

Requirement 1: Obtain the student visa

El student visa (subclass 500) is a document with which you can combine your studies in Australia with a part-time job. It can be said that this is the most important requirement to be able to study for more than three months in Australia.

What will you need to obtain the student visa?

In turn, to obtain the student visa you also need to meet some minimum requirements:

  • Have Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
  • Be enrolled in an approved course by the Australian Government and present the COE code (Confirmation Of Enrolment).
  • Pay the student visa fees ($ 620 AUD).
  • Hire the compulsory health insurance OSHC (we tell you more about this a few lines below).
  • Write a GTE letter (Genuine Temporary Entrant). It is undoubtedly the document that revolves around your application, the Holy Grail of the adventurers that come to Australia. It is a letter of intent in which you must argue the reasons why you want to study here.

Depending on the nationality with which you apply for a student visa, the Australian Government Immigration Department may ask you for certain additional requirements. Nothing unusual, normal. For example:

  • Demonstrate that you are at the top of your health by presenting a medical exam.
  • A certificate of police records.
  • Prove that you have economic funds and solvency enough to finance your stay in Australia.

As you can see, the documents may vary according to your student profile and your nationality. But don't worry about it, really: that's what we're here for.

At all times you will have the help of your Dingoos Guide and our team of Educational Dingoos Agents, authentic specialists in process student visas. They will ask you for the documents they need to process your application at each moment of the process.

What you will NOT need to obtain the student visa

And there goes the best part: breathe easy, because there are a couple of things that perhaps worried you but are not necessary for process your student visa:

  • You can apply for the visa without having an English degree: here you come to learn, among many other things.
  • You can request it without age limit. It does not matter if you are 20, 40, 60 or 120 years old (if you are 120 years old, by the way, tell us how you got there, please).

Requirement 2: Obtain health insurance in Australia

When you come with the student visa it is mandatory to take out medical insurance. If you think about it, it has its logic: think that health in Australia is expensive, and the authorities want to make sure that if you fall ill during your stay you will have sufficient resources to face it.

We really like OSHC insurance for Nib, Allianz o Bupa because they offer an adjusted price and the best guarantees.

2. Why study in Australia?

Studying in Australia has a lot of good things that you won't find in other English-speaking countries. That is why it is the # 1 choice of thousands of students every year!

You will improve your English

Linguistic immersion starts from day one. Having to work in a country whose official language is English will make you put the batteries yes or yes.

Here there is work

Australia has an unemployment rate of less than 6%, so finding a part-time job with which to combine your studies is more than possible.

Never seen

Jungles, metropolises, deserts, beaches, villages ... Australia is an immense country characterized by its wild nature ...

Varied weather

Australia is so great that climate diversity is huge. Do you want summer all year? You got it. Do you want perpetual drizzle? Too!

personal development

What you are going to live in Australia is so incredible that it will make you grow inside and out. Get ready to collect amazing stories!

3. How to study in Australia in 6 steps?

In Dingoos we will accompany you with every step you take so that you stay only and exclusively with the good part: enjoy the best decision you have ever made.

Step 1: Choose a city

What is the city you have always wanted to live in? Surely it is in Australia, because there are as many cities here as there are types of people. In Dingoos we all know them very well, so the first thing we will do is talk about each of them with their pros and cons so that it is you who, depending on your lifestyle, decide which one you think you will be happier .

Meanwhile, here we leave you the main cities with a brief summary for each of them.


Sydney It is the most universal Australian city, a great city that never sleeps and in which you always discover something new that leaves you in love.


Melbourne it is one of the cities with the highest quality of life in the world. The only bad thing about going is going back, but you can always find a way to stay forever.

Gold Coast

En Gold Coast The weather is all year round, miles of beach and buildings so tall that it is impossible not to hang in the clouds with your mouth open. Welcome to surfers paradise!

Byron Bay

A haven of peace on the shores of the Pacific, the cradle of Australian bohemia. Byron Bay it is more than a place, a way of living life.


The capital of the state of Queensland and the third largest city in Australia with two million inhabitants, Brisbane it is a very manageable city with good weather all year round.


The great capital of the west coast, a city that, as it is not so touristy, perfectly preserves the essence of Australia, Perth It has the best sunsets in the country.


Cairns It is an urban tropical paradise, surrounded by nature and with only 120.000 inhabitants, which also has about a thousand places that you cannot miss.


A subtropical paradise without large buildings or urban overcrowding, Noosa It is the perfect place to go for a walk watching koalas and surf near dolphins.

Sunshine Coast

Life on the beach, life better! Sunshine Coast, the Australian Sunshine Coast is perfect for you if you are a quiet person and cannot imagine living in a big city.

Step 2: Choose a course

There are as many courses as there are types of people: in Dingoos we will talk about all your options and help you choose the one that most interests you based on your needs, objectives and budget. Are you looking for a course to improve your English? Or do you want to take your career to another level? It doesn't matter what you're looking for: if it's in Australia, you Dingoos Guide It will help you find it.

English courses (ELICOS)

In Australia there is a English course that adapts to what you are looking for. You may not control the language beyond “How are you? I'm fine, thank you, and you? " and you want to start almost from scratch, or you may be thinking of obtaining a more advanced level to study a master's degree in Australia. Everyone has their own goals! These are the different English courses you can choose from:

  • General English: you will prepare yourself to control the main language needs: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
  • Preparation for official exams: you will prepare to obtain degrees such as IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge, ESOL.
  • Business English: aimed at professionals who want to improve their English face to day in their work.

Vocational Courses (VET)

If you have an advanced level of English and what interests you is come to Australia to learn or dig deeper into a trade while living an international experience, your thing is that you choose a VET course: a kind of Australian Vocational Training but with international recognition and prestige.

TAFE courses

The TAFE courses (Technical And Further Education) are courses that are also very similar to VET but coordinated at the state level, with a lot of practice involved and with a higher level of academic demand.

University education

This option implies coming to study a degree, a master or a doctorate in a Australian university, with all the international prestige that this implies for your CV.

Step 3: School enrollment

Once you have chosen city, course and school, it is time to enroll. In Dingoos we will manage the sending of all the documentation that the school asks you to reserve your place and that they can prepare everything just for the date on which you decide to start your course.

Did you know that you can study in several cities in Australia?

If you like to move and want to squeeze your stay to the fullest, you will surely like the idea of ​​studying in different cities in Australia. How do you hear it! There are several ways to do it, but we always recommend enrolling in schools that have campuses in several cities. Thus, you can change your air during the course with a simple procedure at school. Ask your Dingoos Guide which schools allow geographic mobility and we will help you choose an option with which you can move from city to city ... and throw because it is my turn!

Step 4: Purchase OSHC insurance

To apply for a student visa it is mandatory to take out insurance. And in addition to mandatory, it is more than advisable: think that Australian private health is super expensive and anything that happens to you, even if it is a cold, can end up costing you a real money. In Dingoos we will offer you several options with leading approved companies and the best quality / price ratio so that you choose the one that suits you best. And once you've decided, we'll help you manage your hiring.

Step 5: Visa application

Relax and forget about headaches: we do all the bureaucratic procedures for you. In Dingoos you will have at your disposal a team of qualified people and qualified as experts in the student visa who will be responsible for preparing and process your student visa for Australia. And yes, of course we do it for free ... more would be missing!

Step 6: Buy the flights and pack

At this point you feel like a cloud! You have your student visa, you are enrolled in your course and there is only the best: come flying. In addition to helping you with the purchase of your flights at the best price, you Integration Coordinator He will help you with the latest procedures prior to your trip to Australia and make sure that your Integrator Dingoos be ready to meet you and welcome you in the australian city that you have chosen We are waiting for you on the other side of the world!

4. Advantages of the student visa

The student visa opens a world of advantages!

  • It is the easiest visa to obtain and you do not need to prove any level of English.
  • You can request it without age limit.
  • You do not compete against other candidates, as is the case with the W&H Visa.
  • You can work part-time while studying to pay for your stay in Australia.
  • The first $ 18.200 AUD you earn is tax free.
  • Your partner can accompany you and also work part-time.

5. How much does it cost to study in Australia?

The total cost will depend on several things: the student visa, the price of the academic course you choose, the flights, your medical insurance and the accommodation you choose and, of course, your daily expenses once you settle in Australia. We have analyzed all these factors in a post where you can discover How much does it cost to study and work in Australia?


I can afford?

In most cases, the answer is yes. Unlike other countries where going to study is something elitist and that very few people can afford (such as the United States), in Australia it is relatively economical to access an international academic experience. The reason is that once you're here you can afford your studies and day-to-day expenses with the money you earn working.


How much money did I take to Australia for the first few days?

This will depend a lot on the city in which you stay. But on average, for about 6 weeks and while you find a job, with about $ 3.000 AUD would be more than enough in any Australian city.

Where to stay in Australia

6. Types of accommodation in Australia

A shared flat, a student residence, a backpaper and even live with an Australian family: discover all your options to stay during your Australian adventure.

7 Frequent questions


Do I need an English level to study in Australia?

Not at all, in fact one of the reasons to come here is precisely to acquire it: if you do not have an English level, the best option is to enroll in an English course in Australia.


Can I work with the student visa?

Yes, the student visa allows you to work part-time while studying the other half. In this way, you can get enough money to stay, pay for your course, insurance and even have a few beers from time to time. The secret is knowing how to manage!


Will I find a job with a low level of English?

If you don't have a high level of English, you can start in unskilled jobs where you won't need to interact too much with other people. As your level of English improves, you will opt for better jobs. Even on occasions related to what you have come to study!


Do I have to apply for my own visa?

Do not! That is one of the star services of Dingoos: we have a team of visa experts so you don't have to worry about anything in everything that concerns the application and processing of the visa.


Can I get a student visa without an English level?

Yes you can, it is one of the main advantages that this visa has over others such as the Work & Holiday visa. That is and that there is also no age limit to apply to it.


Can I study in Australia if I am over 30 years old?

Of course it is! We are proud and satisfied to tell you that the student visa allows you to apply without age limit or English level.


Can I live in different cities of Australia throughout my experience?

That is a very good question! And the answer is even better: yes it is possible. When you have decided what you want to study, from Dingoos we will prepare a plan tailored to you, so if you want, you can live one season in one city and another in another.


What are the most common courses to study in Australia?

The most common are English courses and VET courses. Within the VET courses. There are very specific courses that deal with a specific subject. To give you an idea there are VET courses in Photography, Business, Marketing or Sports, among many more.


Can I combine an English course with a VET course?

Of course, in fact you can start studying an English course and, when you have acquired a certain level of English, sign up for a VET course that suits your needs and tastes. In Dingoos we will help you choose the course that best suits you and at a price with which you feel comfortable.


How far in advance do I have to start the process to study in Australia?

From Dingoos we can help you when you need us, but we recommend that you start your process at least 2 months before the date you want to arrive in Australia.


How long can I stay studying in Australia?

The duration of your visa will depend on the duration of your course. For example, if you decide to study an English course that lasts 24 weeks, you will be entitled to a 24-week visa + x weeks of vacation.


Can I stay in Australia after finishing my visa?

In order to extend your stay in Australia once your student visa ends, you must enroll in another course and apply for a new visa. If you are in this situation, we recommend that you speak or contact us directly with your Dingoos Guide to see the option that best suits you.


Do I have to pay my entire course in advance?

No, each school has a payment policy appropriate to the needs of the students. Your Dingoos Guide will inform you of this during the personalized advice process.


What if being in Australia I decide to return early?

Do not worry: if this happens and you have to return to your country before your visa ends, we will analyze your case to help you negotiate the cancellation of your course with the school.


How much money does it take to study in Australia?

It depends on the course you want to do, but to give you an idea, if you want to come to study an English course for 6 months, you will need an investment between € 3.500 and € 5.500. It all depends on the city and school you choose.


How can I go to study in Australia?

To study in Australia you will need, on the one hand, a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and be enrolled in a school approved by the Government to obtain the visa, and on the other hand, a compulsory OSHC medical doctor. If you have doubts about the steps to acquire the visa you can  contact and we will be delighted to help you.

We speak? Write us!

Contact us and a Dingoos Guide will get in touch with you as soon as possible :)
Form image
Your message is on its way!
A Dingoos Guide will read it and respond to you in the next 24/48 hours.
If after this period you have not received an email, remember to check your Spam folder.

9. How does Dingoos help you?

Accompanying you at every step of your experience to study in Australia: before, during and after arriving. Discover what we can do for you!
Advice icon

Personalized advice

What, when, how and where do you want to study? In Dingoos we are experts in developing a plan tailored to your needs based on your tastes, interests and budget.

Enrollment course icon

Enrollment in a course

Not only do we help you choose the course that best suits you, we also take care of enrolling in the school of your choice so you don't have to move a finger.

Visa processing icon

Visa processing

As visa experts, we know that paperwork to get it is a roll. That is why we do it for you so that you are left alone with the fun part!

Australia safe icon

Hiring insurance

In Dingoos we look for you and hire a great health insurance at a small price so that you can live life and enjoy your visa without fear of anything.

Student contact icon

Contact with other students

Does it make you dizzy to come alone to Australia? Don't have it, in Dingoos we will put you in touch with other students even before arriving in Australia so that you are always well accompanied.

Flight search icon

Search for cheap flights

We help you buy your flight to Australia at the best price thanks to our experience in the sector and our exclusive agreements with airlines.

Bank account icon

Opening the bank account

We help you open your Australian account step by step and from your home country so you can pay in dollars as soon as you arrive.

Accommodation search icon

Hiring accommodation for first days

We will help you book your accommodation for the first days. So, after the long trip, you can take a shower, rest and meet other students who will also arrive.

Icon transfer from airport

Transfer from the airport

We will manage your pick-up at the airport to leave you at the very back door we will have reserved for you.

Integration Icon

Reception and integration

Relax and enjoy, because your Dingoos Integrator will stay with you as soon as you arrive in Australia to welcome you and accompany you to do all the necessary procedures to begin your adventure.

Mobile icon

Australian mobile line activation

When you arrive in Australia we will give you a SIM card and we will help you activate it so you can tell everyone that you have arrived well and start uploading stories.

Abn and tfn icon

TFN request

We will request your TFN so you can start looking for work as soon as possible. We will also explain how to apply for the ABN in case you want to work as a freelancer in Australia.

Transport icon

Transportation card

The only thing you need to get around the city by bus, subway or tram is a public transport card. When you arrive in Australia, we will accompany you to get yours.

Accommodation search icon

Accommodation search support

In Dingoos we will advise you, we will give you advice and solve all your doubts to help you find a long-stay accommodation where you feel at home.

Job search icon

Job Search Support

Australia is full of job opportunities, we will teach you some tricks so you can identify them and find a job that helps you establish yourself.

Leisure plans icon

Events and leisure plans

Every month we organize a lot of events and activities for our students: surfing, diving, barbecues, beers, excursions ... Needless to say, you are more than a guest!

Student discounts icon

Discounts for students

We have a lot of exclusive agreements with local, national and international companies, designed for you and that you can enjoy as part of the #SomosDingoos community.

Workandholiday icon

W&H welcome pack

If you are thinking of coming to Australia with the Work and Holiday Visa, we offer you an all-in-one package at a spectacular price that includes a lot of services that nobody else will offer you.

Customer service icon

Student service

Whenever you have any doubt, whenever you need something that we can help you with, we will be there to assist you and advise you. In Dingoos we will be “your family away from your family”. While we are here, you will never be alone.

Visa renewal icon

Visa renewal

When you decide to stay longer in Australia, you will, we will advise you on the best way to renew your visa and we will do all the paperwork for you.


We are like you The only difference is that we have been living in Australia for a long time.
Dingoos team with students in Australia

What our students say about us

This is how our services are valued by people who are enjoying Australia while reading these lines.


To ensure a better browsing experience, we advise you to put your phone vertically.

Australia's most famous cookies are called "Anzac Biscuits". Accept them to continue browsing the web. See Cookies policy

Notice of cookies